If you have recently experienced a workplace injury in Missouri, you may be wondering if you need to hire a workers’ compensation lawyer to represent you. Is it really necessary to hire a work injury lawyer?
When It’s a Good Idea to Speak With an Attorney
For a very minor workplace injury – such a minor cut requiring a few stitches – you may not necessarily need to hire an attorney. This is especially true if your injury does not cause you to miss work, or your employer admits that your injury happened on the job and does not dispute the facts about your case. However, because each case is unique it is never a bad idea to at least speak with one. Most workers compensation attorneys offer free case evaluations.
On the other hand, if you experience any kind of serious injury that causes you to miss work and may cause you either a temporary or permanent disability, it is highly recommended that you speak with an experienced work injury lawyer.
The average workers’ compensation settlement is $21,800 – and if you have a serious, debilitating injury, this may not be nearly enough to cover your costs. You need the help of a lawyer to get the full amount of compensation you deserve and need to move forward.
What is the Benefit of Hiring a Lawyer?
Wondering what you can expect from a Missouri work injury lawyer? Your lawyer will be responsible for a wide variety of things, including:
- Filing all necessary forms & meeting deadlines – It can be hard to navigate the bureaucracy involved with a workers’ compensation claim on your own. Your lawyer will help guide you through the process.
- Gathering evidence to support your case – Your lawyer will speak with you and all other relevant parties, collect evidence and documents, and build a case for your workers’ compensation injury.
- Negotiating with the insurance company – During negotiations, a lawyer can ensure that you’re getting the money you deserve. Your work injury attorney will know how much money is typically offered for different injuries, and ensure you get the cash you deserve.
- Writing a settlement agreement – Once a fair settlement agreement is reached, your lawyer will work with the attorneys from the insurer to put the details of the settlement in writing and create a legally binding contract.
- Representing you at a hearing or trial – Your lawyer will advocate for you at any hearings related to your case, and if your case goes to trial. While only about 5% of workers’ compensation cases go to trial, it’s still a good idea to have an experienced lawyer on your side.
Hire An Experienced Workers Compensation Attorney For Your Case!
A serious injury can affect your ability to work, cause you a lot of pain and suffering, and result in expensive medical bills. Because of this, it is important to speak with an experienced attorney to ensure your legal rights are protected.
Get FREE Legal Advice
Call today to speak with an experienced Missouri workers compensation attorney!Call (816) 399-3706